Let the -PC to Console- or -Console to PC- port trash talking begin!
During the Playstation Experience event this weekend Tripwire Interactive announced Killing Floor 2 will be it’s first console release. This marks a potentially lucrative step forward for the developer who specializes in WWII realism games.
Already there is a buzz being heard about whether the PC version will suffer from the addition of the console release. Part of the discussions include a common theme that TWI will not allow the game on PC to suffer from a PS4 release. And why would the game suffer since it is created on PC and both platforms have X86 Architecture. Killing Floor 2 is using a modified Unreal3 engine that John Gibson refers to as Unreal3.5 and it seems like this game will have no issues being ported over to PS4.
We will be reaching out to TWI to get some more information that may settle the nerves of the stalwart KF community. Killing Floor has one of the more loyal fanbases on Steam.
Tripwire Interactive is pleased to announce that the Co-Op Sci-Fi Horror FPS game KILLING FLOOR 2 is coming to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system next year and marks the very first major console debut for a Tripwire title.
KILLING FLOOR 2 is the follow-up to the highly successful 2009 PC title, KILLING FLOOR. The terrifying Zeds are back, bigger, badder and bloodier than ever, in this upcoming sequel where players must survive the fallout of failed corporate experiments and the wreckage left behind. Armed with an array of deadly weapons, varying from pistols to rifles to shotguns and the versatile Katana – players can team up in co-op play to better their chances for survival, or for the bravest souls who think they can survive alone, solo play is also available. Delivering on the three essential pillars of the KILLING FLOOR franchise – Bullets, Blades and Blood – and introducing the visceral M.E.A.T. system, KILLING FLOOR 2 will deliver the most horrifyingly intense experience ever seen in a console game.
KILLING FLOOR 2 was revealed for the PlayStation®4 by Sony Computer Entertainment during the live keynote at the PlayStation Experience event in Las Vegas, Nevada this weekend. Promising to bring all of the hi-octane action from the critically acclaimed PC franchise, KILLING FLOOR 2 will deliver to PlayStation®4 gamers an experience unlike any other.
Just one month after the conclusion of the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, in KILLING FLOOR 2, players descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union. The specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding.
Not all have given up hope though… A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones on a do-or-die mission to exterminate them.
• Visceral Gore – KILLING FLOOR 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
• 6 Player Co-Op or Solo Play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
• Terrifying Zeds – New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
• Unique Blend of Weaponry – From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, KILLING FLOOR 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
• Expanded Perk System – Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
• Brutal Melee Combat – KILLING FLOOR 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
KILLING FLOOR 2 is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PC and SteamOS, and is slated for release in 2015. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB, but Tripwire Interactive anticipates a rating of “M” for Mature.
Stay up-to-date with the latest KILLING FLOOR 2 news and information at www.killingfloor2.com. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive at any of these online channels: www.tripwireinteractive.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tripwireinte…, Twitter at https://twitter.com/TripwireInt and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwire….